Bill Dollarhide started a series of what he called “Name List” guides in the Summer of 2013. He wrote steadily on them until sometime in 2015, when life caught up with him, and he had to put the project aside. Well, he went back at it several months ago, and completed new guides for all the rest of the states, alphabetically Minnesota through Wyoming. He also wrote a full book on the U.S. Territories. Finally, Bill went back and updated an earlier volume – choosing Indiana – to test whether enough changes had taken place to make it worthwhile to do Second Editions. Bill found that a number of URL addresses had changed, which he expected, and he found additional data that expanded the volume by another 10 pages. Since that time, Bill also produced a Second Edition for Alabama.
To celebrate, we’re pricing all of the new 2017 volumes at 20% off, making them $15.16 (or $10 for the PDF eBook alone). As before, we’re throwing in a FREE instantly downloadable PDF eBook version with any paperback book being purchased. See my Super-Saver shipping note below.
To clear out the earlier printed books, those written between 2013 and 2017, FRPC has discounted the price 80%! That makes them only $3.79 each! We will most likely do Second Editions for those volumes sometime in the Fall or Winter. Note that if you only desire the PDF eBook alone, we’ve discounted them, Alabama through Michigan, by 60%, making them just $5. Again – this is for all volumes Alabama through Michigan.
To make this offer even more attractive, we’re offering Super-Saver (USA Only) USPS shipping on all 53 printed books. That’s $4.50 for the first book, and only 50 cents for each thereafter.
With the completion of this series of genealogical guides, William Dollarhide continues his long tradition of writing books that family historians find useful in their day-to-day United States research. Bill’s Name List guides give a state-by-state listing of what name lists, censuses, and census substitutes are available, where to find them, and how they can be used to further one’s research.
Censuses & Substitute Name Lists are key to success in any genealogical endeavor. Name lists, be they national, state, county, or even city or town in scope, can help nail down the precise place where one’s ancestor may have lived. And if that can be done, further records, usually found on a local level, will now be accessible to research. But success depends on knowing where the ancestor resided. This is where Dollarhide’s Name List guides can make the difference.
Not only do these this volumes give a detailed bibliography of Censuses and Substitute Names Lists available for each state, but links to websites, FHL book & microfilm numbers, archive references, maps, and key historical information make this volume invaluable to the researcher looking to extend their lines and fill in the family tree.
The following Censuses & Substitute Name Lists Guides, all written by William Dollarhide, may be purchased from Family Roots Publishing Co. Click on the appropriate links to purchase.
- Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- PDF eBook: Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- PDF eBook: Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- District of Columbia
- Indiana – both First and Second Editions
- Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 – 2008 – Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 – 2008 – Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- U.S. Territories