During RootsTech 2015, I hung around the MyHeritage booth absorbing information. MyHeritage has been making exciting technological advances for several years. Their tech is allowing them to share billions of records, documents, and what they have termed Discoveries with subscribers.
I got a note this morning stating that MyHeritage has added millions of Scandinavian records. Items like the entire 1930 Danish census (3.5 million records), and the Swedish Household Examination Records for 1880-1920 (20 Million records already posted) are now available, with much more on the way. I will blog more about the Scandinavian records later. But the clock is running on the $99.95 sale for Full Access to MyHeritage – that’s their Premium Plus family site and their Data Plan.
I’m going to go into a lot more detail below about why I’m excited about MyHeritage and the huge potential for Discoveries (code word for ancestors). However, right up front, I have the distinct privilege to offer my readers an outstanding deal. MyHeritage founder and CEO, Gilad Japhet has given me permission to offer my readers the best deal I’ve ever seen on a MyHeritage subscription. How about $99.95 for a full year of Full Access to MyHeritage? – that’s their Premium Plus family site and their Data Plan… Everything!!! For way over half off! We are talking $20 less than the best price offered at RootsTech, and that was a 50% off deal! Click on this link to purchase Full Access MyHeritage at only $99.95. Do it now, as this price will only be offered through February 24, 2015 – then it ends. Period.
Note that the offer is for Genealogy Newsline Readers. However, since I author and own Genealogy Newsline, I can also offer it to my GenealogyBlog.com readers and folks that read me through social media. The landing screen from the above link says “Genealogy Newsline Readers,” but in this case we’re being even more inclusive.
Most of my readers are already familiar with MyHeritage, and understand that they have huge and rapidly growing family trees – many of them produced in Europe by genealogists just like you, only they might be speaking a different language (Cool…, huh?). Here are a couple impressive numbers… How about 28,000,000 family trees and 2.5 billion tree profiles? What do I bet you have family in there? I’d nearly guarantee it. Here’s why.
I had the privilege to sit down for a half hour or so with Mike Mallin. He was a Keynote speaker here at RootsTech at the opening session Thursday morning. He’s also the chief product officer at MyHeritage. I asked some serious questions and got some serious answers. Mike has dedicated his life to offering “value” to MyHeritage subscribers, and he wants each of us to have Discoveries, not just more documents. Now how’s that?
You may be familiar with the Smart Matching, and Record Matching, where MyHeritage takes your data and matches against other data within their system. Smart Matching allows us to discover unknown relatives and ancestors through family tree matches. Record Matching automatically sends records to us that match people in our family trees. Well, the new Discovery feature that’s about to be launched will take these matching features to a new level. In a month or so, we will see a new button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen saying Discovery. We will be able to click on the button, and get a scroll-down menu of Discoveries – Click on a Discovery, and have the capability of instantly importing a group of people – not lots of people – maybe 30 or 40, but just enough to make the typical person do the “genealogy happy dance.”
MyHeritage is committed to the whole concept of “value,” and the need to offer people instant value that they can relate (play on words here) with. Here’s an astounding stat that Mike Mallin gave me, and is based on real-life product research they’ve done. An average of 60% of individuals who GEDCOM imported or manually entered just 50 people into the MyHeritage Family Tree, and clicked on the Discovery feature that’s about to go live, got over 30 more people automatically added to their family tree. Happy dance time again… This whole Discovery idea is unique and one that I believe will help get more total novices on board the genealogy train. I think it’s going to be of value to many of the rest of us besides.
And here are a few other things about MyHeritage you might be interested in.
- The site allows you to create your own online family tree, making it private or public.
- The site has what they call SuperSearch, doing searches of billions of historical records, getting results in seconds.
- Record Detective – Save time with technology that uncovers new leads and related records for every discovery you make.
- Mobile App – Build your family tree and research on the go. It’s perfect for family get-togethers. This is available for both Android and iPhone. A new version of the mobile app was launched just last week!
- Family Tree Builder software for both Windows and Mac computers. Not only can you enter your data, but you can enjoy maps, charts, reports and much more with this award winning software.
- Mike told me about another new MyHeritage product that’s exciting. It’s a new app called Weavee. It’s an app that captures pictures and integrates stories. The user can select pictures and weave them into a mobile story. The plan is to integrate the mobile pictures, stories, and one’s data from the MyHeritage database into a captivating, and fun mobile story that you can then share on your mobile via social networking or email. Hmmm. Maybe we could send that to cousin Jeannie? Maybe Jeannie will realize that our hobby isn’t so boring after all. Jeannie might start entering her data, her memories, and her pictures. The more family that gets on board, the more the fun multiplies. I’d say exponentially…
Goodness… I have gotten carried away here. As you can tell, I am excited. The future is now. Come join me. Following is the offer again.
$99.95 for a full year of Full Access to MyHeritage – that’s their Premium Plus Family Site, and their Data Plan… Everything!!! For way over half off! We’re talking $20 less than the best price offered at RootsTech, and that was a 50% off deal! Click on this link to purchase Full Access MyHeritage at only $99.95. Do it now, as this price will only be offered through February 24, 2015.
Again, note that the offer is for Genealogy Newsline readers. However, since I author and own Genealogy Newsline, I can also offer it to my GenealogyBlog.com readers and folks that read me through social media. The landing screen from the above link says “Genealogy Newsline Readers,” but in this case we’re being far more inclusive.