The following press release is from Millennia Corporation
New version 8.0 Continues 15-Years of Innovation and Quality; Now Offers Migration Mapping, Shared Events, Origins/Migration Reports and a Host of New Features
SURPRISE, Arizona, November 26, 2013. Millennia Corporation, a leader in family history software, today announced the release of Legacy Family Tree 8.0. The new release contains dozens of significant new features and enhancements, including migration mapping, instant duplicate checking, origins and migration reports, potential problem alerts, and shared events.
In one software package, Legacy Family Tree 8.0 provides tools to help users record their family’s history, organize their pictures, perform their research, and share their findings.
“Legacy Family Tree 8.0 continues to raise the bar of family history software,” said David Berdan, president of Millennia Corporation. “Its new source quality tool, source labels, citations on Pedigree Charts and shared events give serious researchers the tools they need, while the new reports, charts, and family statistics get the entire family excited about their history.”
The following new and updated features add to Legacy’s list of robust capabilities:
- Origins Report – See where you came from and the percentage of “blood” you have from your countries of origin with the new Origins Report.
- Migration Report – See how far and wide a person’s descendants spread out in the world with the new Migration Report.
- Migration Mapping – Legacy animates the ancestor’s movement through time. Watch how they migrated from place to place. View their migration in street, aerial, or 3D modes. Hover over the balloon to see what happened in each location.
- Instant Duplicate Checking – As you are adding new individuals to your tree, Legacy instantly checks to see if perhaps they are already in your family file, helping you avoid inadvertently adding duplicates.
- Potential Problem Alerts and Gaps – Typos and accidental misinterpretation of data are now a thing of the past. The warning symbol is displayed immediately next to info that contains a potential problem. Unusual gaps of time are detected that you may have not previously noticed (like too many years between the births of the children).
- Shared Events – Save time and avoid errors by sharing an event amongst all the individuals who participated in the event. You can specify each person’s role in the event.
- Family Bow Tie Chart – Displays the ancestors of both the husband and wife, as well as their children.
- Descendant Chart – Now available in left-to-right formatting.
- Source Quality – Now record the quality (original vs derivative, primary vs secondary, etc., direct vs indirect) of each source as you attempt to prove your conclusions.
- Source Labels – Now print Source Labels to attach to the top of your documents. You will never again lose the citation when making a photocopy for someone else.
- Source Clipboard – The Source Clipboard has been expanded to load up to five different citations that can be assigned at the click of a button.
- Pedigree Citations – Add source citations to your Pedigree Charts, and attach the complete bibliography.
- FamilySearch Integration – Share, discuss, download and interact with FamilySearch’s Family Tree (optional).
- Wall Charts – Duplicate lines can now be suppressed, saving room for more photographs and captions.
- Chronology View – Now view the parent’s, grandparent’s, children’s, and grandchildren’s vital events in your ancestor’s timeline.
- User Interface – Enjoy Legacy’s modernized look-and-feel, new color schemes, and new ribbon menu bar. Add two additional custom buttons on the new My Toolbar.
- Tagging – View up to 9 tags at once. Advanced Tagging now shows the counts of each tag.
- Automatic Sorting – Children, marriages, and events are now automatically chronologically sorted as they are added. New global sorting tools are also now available.
- Statistics – Understand your family in new ways with dozens of new statistics: births by era, longest living individuals, average lifespan, longest marriages, families with the most children, most popular given names, most popular surnames, most popular locations and more.
- Media Relinker – It is easier than ever to locate missing or unlinked pictures. Moving from one computer to another is simpler to do.
- Media Gatherer – Got pictures all over your computer? The new Media Gatherer will help you copy or move your genealogy pictures to one common folder, making it easier to share your family file with another computer or family member.
- Web Links – Found evidence of your ancestor online? Easily add a web link to their media gallery to organize a list of their online presence.
- Color Coding – You can now color code from two starting points (one for you and one for your spouse, for example) and track the eight great-grandparents’ lines.
Pricing and Availability
Legacy 8.0 is now available at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com, for just US $29.95 for the download-only version or US $39.95 version which includes the 336-page printed user’s guide, installation CD, and beginner’s training video. Discounted upgrade pricing is also available for users of previous editions of Legacy Deluxe. The free, Standard edition can also be downloaded from www.LegacyFamilyTree.com.
Legacy Family Tree – Unlocked! a new book by Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen, is based on the brand new Legacy 8.0. In its 236 pages, you will learn how to better utilize some of Legacy’s best features by shadowing the research process of a professional genealogist, Legacy Family Tree developer, and host of FamilyTreeWebinars.com webinar series. Be sure to add it to your cart at checkout!
About Millennia Corporation
Millennia Corporation is located in Surprise, Arizona. The company strives to provide top-quality genealogy software so people can record and track their family history. It is also the publisher of the award-winning FamilyTreeWebinars.com webinar series, now with more than 200 hours of quality genealogy education. For additional information on Millennia or the products they offer visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com.