“This webinar changed my whole perspective on German Genealogy”—viewer comment
Web seminars, or “Webinars,” have quickly become one of the most popular ways for professionals and companies to share information with large groups of individuals from across the country, or even around the world, without the high cost of travel. Webinars are just like seminars. A large group of “attendees” can come and watch a presentation at a given time. Webinars are nice, since they are usually recorded and can be watched again at a later time. The only real downside to webinars is the video stream can be slow for some people. Depending in large part on the viewer’s own personal Internet connection speed, video may or may not play well. The age of a person’s computer may also contribute to slow playback. To counter these playback problems, some individuals and companies offer the option to buy their webinars on CD. CD’s offer the opportunity to play these webinars on almost any computer at anytime, without the worry of connection issues.
In Researching Your: German Ancestors, presenter Kory Meyerink takes the view through all the basics of German research. Coverage includes the language, records, places, and tools needed for success. With more Americans having German ancestry than any other ethnic group, there is something in this presentation for just about every genealogist. There is not need to plan a trip to Europe or to learn a new language to start having success in researching German ancestral roots. Meyerink provides the information needed to start having success today.
German Ancestors runs 1 hour 50 minutes, and the presentation CD includes a link to a four-page handout. An active Internet connection is needed to download the handout.
About Kory Meyering:
“Kory Meyerink is accredited in four areas (Germany, Midwest, Eastern and New England U.S.), specializing in tracing the origins of German and Dutch immigrants. He developed instructional and reference material for the thousands of Family History Centers supported by the Family History Library. He also served as the primary content consultant for the PBS Ancestors television series. As a teacher, Kory has spoken at many local, state, and national genealogical conferences throughout the U.S. and Canada, including NGS, FGS, GENTECH, and, since 1991, the annual BYU Family History Conference. Since 1991, he has also served as adjunct history faculty for that university’s Salt Lake Center. As the founding director of the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, he developed one of the nation’s largest such institutes. He has written extensively, including chapters in The Library, both editions of The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy, as well as numerous articles and book reviews for the Genealogical Journal, Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly, Genealogical Computing, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, and The Genealogist.”
Viewer comments about this presentation:
- A good overview and foundation to start with.
- A wealth of information. Covers every important topic.
- An excellent webinar. I have been struggling with my German research and Kory motivated me greatly today. Very informative and I very much like how Kory explained things, easily and very understandable.
- Awesome amount of information – and I have already attended a 3 day seminar through our local Genealogical Society on researching your German Ancestors. While I have never purchased a webinar CD on a webinar that I have watched, I will be purchasing this one and watching it over and over again! Thank you for all the education you provide!
- Many good research suggestions were offered and the Q & A was informative, too. I especially liked the reference Geoff made about the Centennia Historical Atlas Software.
- Danke Schoen, Kory! Your presentation was absolutely excellent!! More info than I ever expected, and very professionally done! I hope LFT asks you to return for other webinars! I won’t miss them!
- Didn’t think I had any interest in “Researching Your German Ancestors,” but always enjoy these webinars, so I signed up. Whilst I still don’t think I have any German ancestors to research, this webinar was so incredibly interesting & entertaining that I am glad I signed up & attended. Still waiting to win my first door prize though. 😉
- Excellent!!! Excellent!!! This session was jam-packed with information. I’ve enjoyed many webinars in the past, but this is one that I will have to order.
- This webinar changed my whole perspective on German Genealogy.
Get your own copy of Researching Your: German Ancestors from Family Roots Publishing; Price: $12.69. Enjoy the presentation again and again on your own computer.