The following News Release was written by F&W Media staff:
First-of-its-kind event August 19-21 will connect attendees with experts
Early Bird deadline is July 15
CINCINNATI, July 5, 2011 — For genealogists who find themselves too busy or too cash-strapped to travel for conferences this year—or who just want more learning opportunities—Family Tree University’s first Virtual Conference will be August 19-21. Learn more and register at: http://www.familytreeuniversity.com/summer-2011-virtual-conference.
“We’re creating a genealogy conference experience that’s accessible to everyone,” says Family Tree University publisher/editorial director Allison Stacy. “All you need to participate is a computer and web connection, so physical limitations, travel costs and scheduling conflicts don’t have to get in the way.”
Registrants who purchase a three-day pass to the conference will have access to:
• 15 half-hour video classes that can also be downloaded to watch later
• Bonus videos exclusive to the conference
• Live chats and message board discussions with experts
• A “swag bag” of freebies from ShopFamilyTree.com
Session topics will include:
• Build Your Research Toolbox with Thomas MacEntee
• Digital Preservation for the 21st Century with Sunny Jane Morton
• Finding Your East European Ancestors’ Village with Lisa A. Alzo
• German Newspapers in America with James M. Beidler
• Google Surname Search Secrets with Lisa Louise Cooke
• Making Sense of Pre-1850 Censuses with Maureen A. Taylor
• Twitter for Genealogists with Nancy Hendrickson
See the full program here: http://www.familytreeuniversity.com/summer-2011-virtual-conference/summer-2011-virtual-conference-program
“This event is a great opportunity for people who don’t have the time or money to travel to a far-off conference to see presentations from nationally known genealogy speakers,” Stacy says. “We’re bringing the experts to you.”
Conference registration is $199, but early birds who register by July 15 can save $50 by using the coupon code VCS11. The video sessions will also be available a la carte from ShopFamilyTree.com. Conference registration saves you 45 percent off the price of purchasing each video separately (at $29.99)—the equivalent of getting eight classes for free.
About Family Tree University
Family Tree University is part of the Genealogy Community at F+W Media, Inc., which also encompasses Family Tree Magazine—America’s most popular family history magazine—the Family Tree Books imprint and the ShopFamilyTree.com online store. In addition to the virtual conference, Family Tree University offers more than 30 online genealogy courses and monthly live webinars.