I was introduced to arcalife.com at the NGS conference in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had the opportunity to visit quite a bit with Kia Rahmani, who is a director of business strategy and partnership with arcalife. Upon returning home, I spent some time playing with the website. I was impressed.
arcalife is an online platform for members to securely store and showcase their genealogy and family history research. Members can showcase and share their work with family friends and relatives. arcalife is a unique family community where you can bring together your life experiences, events, stories, family history and genealogy research, all in one place.
arcalife provides a user-friendly feature-rich environment for social networking, scrapbooking, and information sharing to enhance day to day connectivity. The company’s mission is to support members in using the power of common and shared life experiences to connect family and friends and share a rich and engaging living history of you adventures, memories, and opinions.
- Family Tree: build simply, fast & flexibly – including genealogy rules, ex-relationship & GEDCOM upload.
- Timeline: Display and share your ancestors lives or your own life on a multimedia timeline, play from birth to present day, with audio. A unique view of your life only available at arcalife.
- Time Capsule: Instead of burying the time-capsule in a cornerstone or some such place, lock away your documents and other family history materials, then release them at a preset date to a defined audience.
- Photo Moments: arcalife’s Generation Gallery has era appropriate frames, album book view & carousel. Build and share life’s best photos or life experience albums with the rest of the family.
- Life Cube: The cube will make the best bits of your life flash before your eyes on your own 3D multimedia cube. You can build your life cube and send links to your family and friends.
- Memories and Experiences, Life Profiling: If you want to leave more behind for future generations, arcalife’s guided life profiles will help you chronicle your life or the lives of your ancestors.
Needless to say, I was very impressed with the cool stuff that the site allows genealogists to do. I recommend that you check it out.
Also follow them at http://www.twitter.com/arcalife