The following news release was received from MyHeritage:
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, MyHeritage has a special gift for all our users. For a limited time, we are providing free access to love-related records in our massive historical records collection. No Data subscription is required, so you may search many US States, European and worldwide collections for your ancestors’ marriage records!
What can you find in these wonderful records? In many marriage records, you will see the names of bride and groom, their birthdates, ages, places of residence, their parents’ names. Places of birth may be there, occupations of bride and groom, as well as religious affiliation. Each state and country has different requirements for that information so it may well be different.
To access these collections, visit our marriage records on this SuperSearch page – or click on the above illustration.
The collections include marriage records for many US states, including Illinois, Maine, Texas, Kentucky, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Nevada, Pennsylvania and for other major US cities that were ports of entry to millions of immigrants, such as New York City. The NYC License Index runs from 1908-1929 with Marriages from 1950-1995. Boston Marriages 1700-1751 and nearby Cambridge vital records. Other New England records include early Connecticut marriages.
Internationally, some exciting collections include:
- Piotrków Trybunalski Poland 1808-1870 marriages
- London Marriage licences, 1521-1869
- Scotland, selected Banns and Marriages c1650-c1855
- Irish Marriages 1771-1812
- Netherlands Banns and Marriages, various cities, from 1575-1938
- Norway Marriages 1660-1926. Other Scandinavian marriage records include Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
- And, down under, for Australia: Victoria marriage index 1837-1942, and Australia, Marriages, 1810-1980
- For those with Latino roots, take a look at the records for Mexico (1570-1950), Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Honduras, Panama. The Caribbean 1591-1905 is represented by Barbados.
REMEMBER – MyHeritage is running an Autosomal DNA Test sale through Valentine’s Day – offering the tests for only $59 with the purchase of two kits. One kit is just $69. Click here to order. This sale ends at midnight February 14! See http://www.genealogyblog.com/?p=40527 for all the details.