Following eight years of sales, Genealogical Resources of the Civil War Era – Online and Published Military or Civilian Name Lists, 1861-1869 & Post-Civil War Veteran Lists has been updated and revised in a new Second Edition. Written by William Dollarhide, and initially published in 2009, this book has consistently been a best seller for Family Roots Publishing. This new edition was much needed and after months of work, Bill got the book revised and it’s now available.
This new Second Edition contains many updates. Since the first edition in 2009, over 200 of the 265 Internet addresses alone within the volume changed! Virtually every state section of the book had to be updated and revised. Another major change of many pages within the book dealt with the Periodical Source Index (PERSI), which is now found exclusively at FindMyPast.org.
Most genealogical records during the decade of the Civil War are related to the soldiers and regiments of the Union and Confederate military. However, there are numerous records relating to the entire population as well. This new volume by William Dollarhide identifies the places to look and documents to be found for ancestors during the decade, 1861-1869, as well as post-war veterans. The book is laid out first by nation-wide name lists and then by state listings in alphabetical order.
The following broad categories are identified within this book:
- Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System
- The American Civil War Research Database
- Official Records of the War of the Rebellion
- General and Organizational Indexes to Pension Files, 1861-1934
- 1883 List of U.S. Pensioners on the Roll
- 1890 Federal Census of Union Veterans
- Roll of Honor & Veteran Burials
- 1865-1867 Confederate Amnesty Papers
- Consolidated Lists of Confederate Soldiers & United Confederate Veterans Association
- Index to Compiled Service Records
- Compiled Service Records (by state)
- Index to Compiled Service Records (by state)
- 1861-1869 State Censuses
- 1861-1869 Statewide Name Lists
- 1862-1869 Internal Revenue Assessment Lists
- Statewide Militia Lists
- Confederate Pension Applications
- Pensioner Name Lists and censuses of Confederate Veterans
- Indexes to Statewide Records
- Lists of Veteran Burials; State Adjutant General Reports & state-sponsored histories
- The Best Civil War Resource Centers for Local & County Research
Libraries & Archives
Order this new volume by clicking on the illustration or the link below.
Genealogical Resources of the Civil War Era – Online and Published Military or Civilian Name Lists, 1861-1869 & Post-Civil War Veteran Lists – Second Edition; by William Dollarhide; 2017; Soft Cover, Perfect Bound; 8.5×11; 203 pp; ISBN#: 9781933194455; Item # FR0113