The following is from SCGS:
Jamboree 2017 takes place at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Burbank, California, Friday through Sunday, June 9-11, 2017. To register, visit the Jamboree website at http://genealogyjamboree.com/ and register online or download a mail-in registration form.
The theme for Jamboree 2017 is “Hunting Your Heritage” and our heritage focuses for 2017 include the British Isles and Ireland, Armenia and the Caucasus, and African American Research.
This three-day conference features:
- 60+ speakers
- 125 class sessions
- JamboFREE sessions Friday morning
- In-depth workshops (space limited, additional fee required)
- Research tours Thursday and Friday
- Friday and Saturday banquets and sponsored breakfasts
- Exhibit hall packed with vendors and societies FREE all weekend
- One-on-one research assistance provided by members of the Southern California Chapter, Association of Professional Genealogists.
Genetic Genealogy 2017
Back by popular demand, SCGS will hold its fifth Genetic Genealogy Conference, “Diving Into DNA”, on Thursday, June 8, 2017, at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.
The SCGS Genetic Genealogy Conference provides a unique opportunity to hear from some of the top leaders in the field of genetic genealogy, with topics suitable for all levels of experience using DNA for genealogical research.
The Genetic Genealogy Conference is separate from Jamboree, and separate registration fees will apply.
Workshops 2017 – June 8, 9 and 11
Fifteen intensive workshops will also be offered during these two events providing an opportunity for in-depth study of genealogical research techniques (additional fee required, workshops overlap with some Jamboree and DNA sessions. Visit the website for registration requirements).