The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives, which occupies the former city fire station at 17 W. Quartz St., is where the city/county government record is kept, along with Anaconda Copper Co. papers, labor union papers, Sanborn survey maps and donated family collections. The building is home to more than 25,000 linear feet of record. The building was used as a fire department from 1900, when it was built, to 1980. City records were moved from the former city hall to the archives building in the early 1980s. The building, which was renovated and a new addition built beginning in 2007, was completed in 2010.