Map Guide to German Parish Registers – Volumes 1 thru 45 – On Sale for 25% Off Plus a FREE PDF eBook For 1 Week Only!
For the first time since they began publication of the Map Guide to German Parish Registers series a decade ago, Family Roots Publishing Co. is offering all individual soft cover books, Volumes 1 through 45 at 25% off! That makes them just $26.21 per book (reg. $34.95). This sale ends Thursday August 14, 2014 at Midnight PDT. FRPC is running the sale for a full week in order to allow individuals, societies and libraries time to decide and/or get approval for the purchase of multiple copies, if needed. Note that “sets” of the books are not included in this sale.
The reduced price promotion does not include Volumes 46 through 48, for East Prussia, which are also in print, but just came into publication in the last two quarters. However, we are including the FREE PDF eBook download mentioned below.
BONUS PDF eBook Download!
As a bonus, FRPC will throw in a free immediate PDF download of Leland Meitzler’s popular eBook, German Genealogy Research Online – Tips and Links with every book purchased.
Written in English by Kevan Hansen, the volumes were principally written to help family historians resolve where their family may have gone to church – and left vital records behind that may be seen today. The series is still in production. In many cases, even the smallest places are listed in this series – some with as little population as one person! These places are as of about 1870. If the place existed prior to that date, it will most likely be listed. If the place was named after that date, the chances drop.
The online description of each book includes an index listing every town found in that book. To search across the entire database for any particular German town, Click here, enter the name of the town in the Search Box, click on “Description Only,” and then click Search. Note that many town names can be found in multiple books, as there are often multiple towns by any paricular name.
Each volume of the series does the following:
- Identifies the parish where an ancestor worshipped based on where they lived.
- Gives the FHL microfilm number for the family’s parish records.
- Identifies nearly every city, town, and place that included residents.
- Visually identifies church parishes for Lutherans & Catholics in each district.
- Identifies adjoining parishes in case an ancestor attended an alternate parish.
- Aids in area searches, particularly across district or regional borders.
- Provides visual identification of search areas in which to look for a family.
- Helps in determining proximity of one area to another.
- Aids in determining reasonable distances of travel from one area to another.
- Identifies population centers in each parish.
- Identifies archives, repositories, and other resources.
- Aids in identification of the location of minority religions.
Books covering the following old German states are now available:
- East Prussia (3 volumes) – Not discounted 25%
- Oldenburg (1 Volume) – with Schleswig-Holstein
- Palatinate [Pfalz] (1 Volume) – with Rhineland II Trier
- Rhineland (3 Volumes) – with Palatinate [Pfalz] in Volume III)
- Schleswig-Holstein (1 Volume) – with Oldenburg
The following volumes are not yet in print:
- Province of Pomerania, Kingdom of Prussia (2 vols.)
- Province of Posen, Kingdom of Prussia (2 vols.)
- Province of Silesia, Kingdom of Prussia (3 vols.)
- Remaining Free Cities (2 vols.)
Again, Family Roots Publishing Co. is offering all soft cover volumes of the Map Guide to German Parish Registers, Volumes 1 through 45 at 25% off! That makes them just $26.21 per book (reg. $34.95). This sale ends Thursday August 14, 2014 at Midnight PDT.