The following was received from Ann Staley:
Webinar presentation proposals are welcome by 1 May 2014 for the Florida State Genealogical Society (FSGS) 2015-2016 “Poolside Chats: A Genealogy Webinar Series“. The webinars are presented to the FSGS membership and to the public on a monthly basis.
Among the topics being considered are presentations on Computers/Technology, Beginning Genealogy, Research Sources, Immigration/migration, Florida Research (i.e., history, available records, repositories, ethnic and religious groups, etc.), Society Management and broader genealogical topics including methodology, problem solving, publishing, military records, land records, etc.
Compensation will be limited to $100 for selected presentations.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Speaker’s Name, address, and telephone number
- Speaker’s Email address and website URL
- Title of the Presentation
- Summary of the presentation
- Detailed description of the presentation (not to exceed 1,000 words)
- Audience skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.)
- Biography of 150 words for publicity
- Resume of previous (within the last 18 months) experience
Each presentation will be limited to a total of one hour (50 minute presentation and a brief five-minute question-and-answer period). Handout material will be required for each presentation and will be hosted on the FSGS website on the “Members [Only]” page.
Interested individuals should submit up to six proposals to the FSGS e-mail: Trustee3@flsgs.org
Email submissions on or before 1 May 2014 in a PDF file or an MS-Word Doc file.