The following was written by APG staff:
Early-bird registration for the 2014 Professional Management Conference (PMC), “Embracing Innovation and Opportunity,” is now open online at www.apgen.org/conferences. The two-day conference will be held at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City on 10–11 January 2014.
PMC offers interactive, relevant guidance in advanced genealogical research skills and in business practices relevant to today’s professional and advanced genealogists. Featuring 8 classes and 3 hands-on workshops, PMC offers a wide variety of fresh ideas about how professionals conduct genealogy:
- Brand and business building
- Professional-grade DNA studies
- Working with entertainment and corporate clients
- Writing for a variety of audiences
- And many more
Register Today for APG PMC 2014
PMC attendance is open to APG members and non-members. Attendees may choose to attend the full conference or a single day. Early-bird pricing ends 6 January 2014. Registration is now available at www.apgen.org/conferences as are pricing and program details. Details about Virtual PMC will come later this year.
Speakers and Topics
Ten genealogical speakers with wide-ranging expertise will cover topics in keeping with this year’s theme of “Embracing Innovation and Opportunity”:
- D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS — Friday Keynote — New Industries, New Worlds: Working for Entertainment and Corporate Clients
- Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL — Saturday Keynote — “Good Name in Man or Woman”: Protecting a Professional Reputation
- J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA — Lights! Camera! Connection! Will Genealogy-Based TV Improve My Business?
- Claire V. Brisson-Banks, MLIS, AG — The Pursuit from Genealogy Hobbyist to Professional
- Harold Henderson, CG — Workshop — The Story of Jethro’s Story: The Making of a NGSQ Article
- Jean Wilcox Hibben, PhD, CG — Gaining Recognition in the Genealogical Community: Climbing the Professional Ladder
- Melissa Johnson — Discovering and Communicating Your Unique Value: Personal Branding for Professional Genealogists
- Angela Packer McGhie — (1) Writing a Genealogy Business Plan and (2) Networking for Genealogists: Making Connections Online and In-Person
- CeCe Moore — Workshop — Advanced DNA for Professionals
- Mary Penner — Workshop — It’s Not a Report. It’s Not a Summary. It’s a Genealogical Narrative!
Visit www.apgen.org/conferences for full lecture details and speaker biographies and to register to attend PMC 2014.
Hotel and Airfare Discounts
PMC attendees can receive special hotel pricing at the Radisson and up to 10% off Delta airline tickets. Visit www.apgen.org/conferences for further discount details.
Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy
PMC 2014 is being held two days before the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), held 13-17 January 2014 at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. SLIG offers a full week of genealogy instruction with national experts. SLIG program details and registration are available at www.SLIG.ugagenealogy.org.