Webinars have become popular among many genealogists. Bloggers, software vendors, professional researchers, and others use webinars to communicate with the genealogy community. Webinars provide interaction with an audience in an engaging manner. One excellent use of such interaction is for training.
The folks at RootsMagic, one of the most popular genealogy programs on the market, use webinars to prove training and help for their user base. These webinars are available for free online. However, for those with slow or limited Internet connectivity, or who simply prefer to have a copy on hand, RootsMagic has provided a collection of their webinars on CD. There are currently two volumes in the collection.
RootsMagic Webinars on CD Volume 1 includes the following episodes:
- Getting Started with RootsMagic
- Publishing a Family History with RootsMagic
- RootsMagic & FamilySearch for Family History Centers
- FamilySearch Made EAsy with RootsMagic
- RootsMagic To-Go: Running RootsMagic on a Flash Drive
- Sources, Citations, and Documentation with RootsMagic
- Working with Files and Folders in RootsMagic
- Cleaning Your Family Tree in RootsMagic
- Personal Historian: Bringing Life to Your Life Stories
- Creating Custom Reports with RootsMagic
In all, there are over 13 hours of training recorded from live, online classes. These recordings are in standard .mp4 format, watchable on most Windows and Mac computers and portable devices. The CD opens with a browseable menu of classes with printable notes of topics covered in each webinar.
Order a copy of RootsMagic Webinars on CD, Volume 1 from Family Roots Publishing for $9.75; Item #: RM04.