The following was received from ICAPGEN:
The Nordic Research Unit of FamilySearch is seeking candidates to assist patrons and write for the FamilySearch Wiki. We are seeking candidates to fill a six month temporary position with a focus on family history records, resources, and strategies for the countries of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and occasionally Iceland.
We need self-driven, creative thinkers who can:
- Offer friendly, timely, and accurate service to the public.
- Provide quality research advice for the countries which are covered by the Nordic Reference Area at the Family History Library.
- Write research concepts and processes clearly and concisely.
- High computer skills, especially with Internet searching and FamilySearch products. Competence with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of FamilySearch products (FamilySearch.org; Wiki; New.familysearch.org; Family Tree, etc.)
- Advanced genealogical research skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to decipher and translate Nordic handwritten records.
- Expertise in utilizing online record databases such as ArkivDigital, Digitalarkivet, and Arkivalieronline
Not-required but preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree
- An AG in one of the Nordic countries or equivalent experience in genealogy, history, or a related field.
- Fluency in one of the Nordic languages.
- 20–40 hours per week, including Saturdays and some evenings.
- Employment will be for six months starting in April.