The following was received from Kathleen W. Hinckley, CG, APG Executive Director:
Position for an Operation Ancestor Search (OAS) Project Manager based at the headquarters for the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) located at 1000 South 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40203. Additional information about the organization can be found out https://www.sar.org/. Further information regarding the program and their partnership with Ancestry.com can be found at http://www.sar.org/News/Ancestrycom-Supports-NSSAR-Operation-Ancestor-Search
Operation Ancestor Search (OAS) project started with the DC Chapter of the SAR working with returning vets at the Walter Reed Hospital. SAR members volunteer at hospitals and work with both the vets and in some cases family members on helping the soldiers focus on something other than their injuries by using genealogy as that tool. The program’s official sponsor, Ancestry.com, partnered with the SAR from the very beginning to provide wounded warriors with resources through their online and software services.
The program has been so successful and has spread to a second location in TX. This past year the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) has developed this as a national program to roll out to other VA/Fisher home locations. Additional information about this project can be obtained through the SAR office or “Wounded Warriors: Building a Bridge to the Past” published in SAR Magazine, Fall 2011 pp. 8-9.
Candidates should have the following skills:
• Good writing, speaking and organization skills
• Experience in developing and writing strategic strategies
• Ability to develop and maintain partnership relationships
• Managing multiple sites and tasks
• Self-starter, reliable, and detailed oriented person
• Basic knowledge in using numerous and popular databases to create reports and documents such as Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint for starters
• Working with developing promotional materials for the OAS project
• Some travel may be required to promote and work with others on the OAS project
• Preference is given to veterans but all are encouraging to submit their resume
• Position is based at the SAR headquarters
All interested parties should submit their resume to email@example.com or mail to OAS Search Team, 1000 South 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40203.