More than 120 projects are currently available from countries outside the U.S., representing 16 languages. Since the first of the year, new projects have been launched from Bolivia, Paraguay, Switzerland, and the Philippines. Later this year, FamilySearch indexing plans to release projects for Armenia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, Micronesia, Panama, Slovakia, and Sri Lanka. More indexers with non-English language expertise are needed to help make these records searchable online.
Join this exciting community effort to make records searchable online and ensure our ancestors are remembered by visiting indexing.familysearch.org.
Current and Completed Projects
To view a list of currently available indexing projects, along with their record language and completion percentage, visit the FamilySearch indexing updates page. To learn more about individual projects, view the FamilySearch projects page.
New Projects Added
- Argentina, Mendoza, Ciudad de Mendoza—Registros Parroquiales, 1665–1922
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3C]
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3D]
- Colombia, Antioquia, Sonsón y Rionegro—Registros Parroquiales, 1814–2008
- México, Coahuila, Matamoros y Torreón Registros Iglesia Católica
- México, Durango, Gómez Palacio, Cuidad Lerdo, Mapimí, Cuencamé—Registros Parroquiales, 1708–1963
- Micronesia, Pohnpei—Civil Registration, 1948–2009
- Peru, Chiclayo y Lambayeque—Registros Civiles, 1873–1950 [Parte A]
- Ukraine, L’viv—Roman Catholic Diocese Church Book Duplicates, 1600–1948 [Part 1]
- U.S., Puerto Rico—Censo Federal de 1940
- U.S., Indiana, Saint Joseph County—Marriages 1811–1959
- Украина, Киев—Метрические книги русской православной церкви, 1846–1848 [Часть C]
View the FamilySearch projects page to see the full list of available projects and to learn more about how to participate in various projects.
Recently Completed Projects
Note: Recently completed projects have been removed from the available online indexing batches and will now go through a final completion check process. They will be published at familysearch.org in the near future.
- Argentina, Santa Fe, Venado Tuerto—Registros Parroquiales, 1884–1972 [Parte B]
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 2 I]
- Magyarország, Szabolcs—polgári anyakönyvi adatok, 1895–1978 [2. Rész]
- Mexico, Aguascalientes—Nacimientos 1860–1921
- Nederland, Gelderland—Geboorten burgelijke stand, 1811–1902 [Part 2]
- South Africa, Free State—Church Records [Part 1]
- Sverige, Södermanland—Kyrkoböcker till 1860 [Del 3]
- UK, England and Wales—1871 Census for Lancashire, Yorkshire, and Durham [Part D]
- U.S., Alabama—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Arkansas—WWI Draft Registration Cards, 1917–1918
- U.S., California—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Hawaii—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Indiana—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Iowa—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Louisiana—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Oklahoma—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Maine—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., North Dakota—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., South Dakota—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Texas—Birth 1903–1934 [Part H]
- U.S., Texas—Deaths, 1890–1976 [Part C]
- U.S., Texas—Deaths, 1890–1976 [Part D]
- U.S., Virginia, Surrey—County Marriages, 1800–1950 [Part A]
- Venezuela—Nacimientos Civiles, 1873–1909
- U.S., Washington—1940 Federal Census
- 日本 ― 移民記録 1914年, 1922–1927年
FamilySearch International is the largest genealogy organization in the world. FamilySearch is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about their family history. To help in this great pursuit, FamilySearch and its predecessors have been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide for over 100 years. Patrons may access FamilySearch services and resources free online at FamilySearch.org or through over 4,600 family history centers in 132 countries, including the main Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.