The following was received from APG:
The Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) is seeking candidates for the newly created position of E-Newsletter Editor.
The 2-4 page electronic newsletter will be produced monthly and placed on the Members Only section of the APG website. The first edition is scheduled to be published on 1 July 2012. The editor will be compensated at the rate of $200 per issue.
- Design, edit, and produce a monthly electronic newsletter in PDF format to be placed in the Members Only section of the APG website
- Collect and/or create content for the newsletter. Content will include timely items such as: chapter news; member news; APG committee news; advocacy-related news; announcements/calendar about upcoming conferences and events relevant to our members, such as APG webinars; a brief message from the APG president; other short and concise news items of worldwide genealogical interest
- Communicate regularly with the webmaster, the executive director, the executive committee, board members, chapter and committee leaders, and members to solicit content
- Meet a pre-determined deadline for posting the newsletter each month
- Proficiency in layout and design of newsletters, including photo and image manipulation; previous experience preferred
- Writing and editing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a timely fashion and meet deadlines
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples to APG Executive Director Kathleen Hinckley by 31 March 2012. Application materials should be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone interviews for the position will be conducted in April.
For more information, please contact Kathleen Hinckley via email at: email@example.com.