The Georgia Family History Expo will be held at the Gwinnett Center, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, in Duluth, Georgia on November 11 and 12 – less than 2 weeks away!
The hours on November 11 are 1:00 to 9:00 pm and November 12 are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The program includes a 56 great genealogical lectures – plus opening and closing keynote addresses!
Registration begins at 1:00 pm on Friday and the Keynote will begin at 2:00 pm. This gives you plenty of time to check out our exhibits before things kick off. Family Roots Publishing will have our full display of hundreds of top genealogy guidebooks there again this year.
The Exhibit Hall is one of the greatest parts of the Expo. Be sure to tell you friends and those curious, but not committed to classes that the hall is open and free to the public. They will have lots of fun browsing in the Exhibit Hall.
The prize drawings are tops! Exhibitors, advertisers, and local vendors donate gifts for the door prizes. You will want to be sure you get yourself registered so you qualify to win prizes.
You will absolutely enjoy the education opportunities offered in the myriad of classes. Be sure to study the agenda and speaker bios so you can make your best choices once you arrive.
Free Book Scanning Service at the Georgia Expo
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah is world renowned as the largest research collection under one roof anywhere in the world! You can access their collections through more than 3,000 FamilySearch Centers throughout the U.S.
At the Atlanta Family History Expo, FamilySearch is offering to scan your family history book and give you a digital copy on a flash drive, provided by FamilySearch for your convenience.
Benefits of scanning your book:
- Share it with others easily and inexpensively
- Have a copy of your book preserved by FamilySearch
- Provide access to others who may share your ancestral lines by making the book available free of charge on FamilySearch.org
How it works:
- Sign-up and reserve your time for your book to be scanned (300 page limit)
- If your book is copyrighted, print out and have the copyright holder sign the permission form in order for scanning to be performed
- Bring your book and signed permission form to the FamilySearch Scanning booth at the Expo on day of your reservation. Please drop the book off before 10:00 am, if possible, to allow maximum time for scanning
- Pick up your book and the digital copy on a flash drive provided by FamilySearch at the end of the day
Yes, you can miss the commute!
Remember, the Expo is scheduled to allow you driving time to get to the Expo on Friday missing the morning commute! We finish early enough Saturday so that have time to travel home after the Expo if you wish. Don’t delay, register for the Expo now!