We now have German Immigrants in American Church Records Vol. 21 in stock – and are now taking orders and shipping. Click on the links to order.
Note: There is a full 5,016 Surname Index, compiled from 14,958 entries found in German Immigrants in American Church Records, Vol. 21 at the end of this blog.
German Immigrants in American Church Records – Vol. 21: Missouri (St. Louis II); Edited by Roger P. Minert; Ph.D., A.G.; 2017; 612 pp; Hard Cover; Every-name index; Acid Free Paper; ISBN 978-1-62859-175-0; Item #FR0655. $109.95
Dr. Minert and a team of researchers at BYU are currently involved in a project wherein they read and extract Americans’ German vital records from historic local church vital records. These church records often pinpoint German origins in the “old country.” Places and dates of birth, marriage, and previous residence in Germany are commonly found in these records. Dr. Minert estimates that 65-76 percent of historic local church records give an immigrant’s exact place of birth. Entries found in the volumes include people born in Switzerland.
This volume includes data from the following St. Louis churches:
- Carondelet German Evangelical Lutheran Church, St. Louis, St. Louis Co.
- St. Peter’s Evangelical and Reformed Church, St. Louis, St. Louis Co.
Typical entries from Carondelet German Evangelical Lutheran Church, of St. Louis, St. Louis Co., Missouri are as follows:
- Richard Henry Stickfort b. Gehrde, Hannover 26 July 1859; d. St. Louis, MO 28 Nov 1932; bur. St. Louis 1 Dec 1932; m. Marie Dierkerr. He immigrated in 1875. Ref: p. 146.
- August Voigt b. Stettin, Pommern 8 July 1853; d. St. Louis, MO 23 Jan 1933; bur. St. Louis 25 Jan 1933; m. Annie Bohne. Ref: p. 147.
- David Adler b. Breslau, Schlesien 17 April 1868; d. St. Louis, MO 27 Jan 1933; bur. St. Louis 30 Jan 1933; m. Bertha Huster. Ref: p. 147.
- Fred Rohlfing b. Rahden, Westfalen 21 Jan 1864; d. St. Louis, MO 12 Feb 1933; bur. St. Louis 16 Feb 1933; m. Elizabeth Walter. Ref: p. 147.
The first 18 volumes of this ongoing series were published by Lewis Rohrbach of Picton Press. Following his death, Family Roots Publishing contracted with Dr. Minert to continue publication of the series – starting with volume 19, which also deals with Missouri church vital records.
The follow is the table of contents (excluding page numbers) for the volume.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to Use This Book
- Sample Entries from Missouri church records
German Immigrants in Missouri
- St. Louis, St. Louis Co., Carondelet German Evangelical Lutheran Church
- St. Louis, St. Louis Co., St. Peter’s Evangelical and Reformed Church
The following 5,016 Surnames are compiled from the 15,149 entries found in German Immigrants in American Church Records, Vol. 21.