The upcoming SCGS Genealogy Jamboree promises to be better than ever! Bill Dollarhide and I look forward to seeing many of you there. We will be working in exhibit booths 706-709 (the same area as last year). The following information is from SCGS:
Following is the schedule for the FREE live streaming from the 46th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree.
Ancestry.com is underwriting the cost of the Jamboree live stream. With their support, SCGS is able to bring you 14 hours of high-quality family history education absolutely free. Handouts will be provided with each session.
The live-streamed sessions from Jamboree are listed below. Session descriptions, speaker bios, suggested experience levels and schedule details are provided on the registration site.
Friday, June 5
- FR007: Be Prepared with a Genealogy Disaster Plan – Denise May Levenick.
- FR018: Five Tips for Successful Research in a New Location – J. H.”Jay” Fonkert, CG.
- FR019: Genetic Genealogy and the Next Generation – Blaine T. Bettinger, PhD, JD and Paul Woodbury.
- FR032: Finding and Utilizing German Church Records – Dr. Michael D. Lacopo.
Saturday, June 6
- SA007: Google Tools and Procedures for Solving Family History Mysteries – Lisa Louise Cooke.
- SA014: Tho’ They Were Poor, They May Have Been Rich in Records – Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA.
- SA021: No Easy Button: Using Immersion Genealogy to Understand Your Ancestors – Lisa A. Alzo, MFA.
- SA033: Plotting, Scheming and Mapping Online – Cyndi Ingle.
- SA035: Midwestern and Plains States Level Census Records – Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA.
- SA047: Update: Google! Everything New that You Need to Know for Genealogy – Lisa Louise Cooke.
Sunday, June 7
- SU005: Family History Adhesive: Science and Simple Tech 4 Binding Families – Janet Hovorka, MLIS.
- SU015: The Hidden Web: Digging Deeper – Cyndi Ingle.
- SU022: Who, What, When, Where? Using Journalism Techniques to Write Your Story – Anita Paul.
- SU030: Get to Know Your Geezers – Matthew Hovorka.
You won’t be bored between sessions. Videos featuring Ancestry’s crackerjack training team, Crista Cowan, Juliana Szucs and Ann Mitchell, will run during Jamboree breaks and lunches.
We hope you will share these broadcasts with others. Because the sessions are sponsored by Ancestry and available for free, you can host viewing parties with one or two friends, or with a room full of fellow society members. Of course, we also hope you will share this email to help us promote this outstanding opportunity.
If you can’t watch a session in real time as it is being live streamed, you will be able to watch it at your convenience before July 5, 2015, from the special Jamboree archive. DNA live-streamed sessions will not be available for purchase on DVD, nor will they be accessible in the SCGS website archive.
DNA Pay Per View
If you missed the announcement about the Genetic Genealogy: DNA Day pay-per-view broadcast, you can find all the details on the DNA registration page.